The Mandolay Hotel, AA 4 Sliver Stars, 1 AA Rosette Restaurant, 72 bedrooms, 8 state of the art Conference rooms and Banqueting for up to 450 guests, Awards/ Accolades: Condé Nast Johansens Guide, Best Loved Hotels, Britain’s Finest, Les Routiers Gold and Investors in People.
We offer a genuine opportunity to make a name for yourself, independently owned with a vibrant young management team we continue to set standards that many thought impossible, from 3 star to 4 Silver Star in 2 years and still aiming higher.
You will need to be highly motivated and confident enough in your own abilities to work in an environment where exceeding the expectations of our customers is the minimum requirement.
As Receptionist, you will assist the Front Office Manager in the day to day running of the Reception whilst inspiring others and leading by example
Full Time Receptionist, 42 hours per week
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times
- Assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy, at all times
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Administer all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, while maximising bedroom sales opportunities
- Fulfil all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to line manager, including all furniture, fittings and equipment
- Provide reports, as required, for housekeepers and management
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
What skills are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that you should demand of yourself as a confident, ambitious Receptionist including:
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Able to work under pressure, multi task and deal with matters on a priority basis
- Be a self-starter and passionate about exceeding results
This JOB DESCRIPTION is not exhaustive; therefore the job holder may be required, from time to time, to carry out tasks as & when requested by Management.