As a Chef de Partie you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables and so on.
You will need to be highly motivated to work in an environment where exceeding the expectations of our customers is the minimum standard.
• Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes
• Managing and training any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you
• Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
• Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
• Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
What skills do you need:
• Great cooking skills
• A cool head
• An ability to delegate appropriately
• Organisational flair
• A grasp of profit margins
Behaviours we value at The Mandolay Hotel are:
Positive can do attitude, Enthusiastic and passionate, consistently professional, Friendly and Attentive, Interested and Driven and Genuine/Loyal/Honest
This JOB DESCRIPTION is not exhaustive; therefore the job holder may be required, from time to time, to carry out tasks as & when requested by Management.