Internet Access Policy
At Mandolay we believe that access to the internet is a commodity that should be free to all. That's why we offer free, high-speed wireless and wired Internet access to all our visitors.
We have embarked on a sustained programme of investment in our connectivity services and are proud to offer a service that is second to none. We have a super high speed fibre optic leased line Internet service installed in the hotel. This, combined with the latest state of the art wireless technologies ensures that you can get a consistently faster connection speed wherever you are in the hotel.
Peace of mind
We believe that you should be able to browse in peace, which is why we take great care to ensure your safety and security online by deploying the latest firewall technology. This not only keeps your computer secure, but also helps to keep our network safe.
Don't have a wireless enabled device?
Not to worry, our bedrooms and conference facilities offer old fashioned wired connections as well.
Terms & Conditions
Use of the Internet by guests of The Mandolay Hotel & Conference Centre is permitted and encouraged. However, The Mandolay Hotel has a policy for the use of the Internet whereby guests must ensure that they:
- Comply with current legislation
- Use the Internet in an acceptable way
- Do not create unnecessary risk to our network by their misuse of the Internet
In particular the following is deemed unacceptable use or behaviour by guests:
- Visiting Internet sites that contain obscene, hateful, pornographic or otherwise illegal material
- Using the computer to perpetrate any form of fraud, or software, film or music piracy
- Using the Internet to send offensive or harassing material to other users
- Downloading commercial software or any copyrighted materials belonging to third parties, unless this download is covered or permitted under a commercial agreement or other such licence
- Hacking into unauthorised areas
- Publishing defamatory and/or knowingly false material on social networking sites, 'blogs' (online journals), 'wikis' and any online publishing format
- Introducing any form of malicious software into the network
All of the company's Internet-related resources are provided for personal use only. Furthermore, the company maintains the right to monitor the volume of Internet and network traffic, together with the Internet sites visited. The specific content of any transactions will not be monitored unless there is a suspicion of improper use.
Breeching this policy
Where it is believed that a user has failed to comply with this policy, they will have their access to the network revoked. Any payments made by the user for this service are non-refundable.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that our service is available, we cannot guarantee that Internet access will be available for the duration of your stay. We may also block certain websites or transactions in order to protect our network.
In using the network provided for guests, you are indicating that you have read and understood these terms and agree to be bound by them.