As a responsible employer and a trusted provider of hotel services we are of course delighted to publish our policy statements.
Should you require clarification on any point please do not hesitate to contact the hotel via email@example.com and we will be pleased to help
The Mandolay Hotel makes every attempt to ensure that information supplied on test.guildford.com and our booking sites is up to date, but cannot guarantee the accuracy of information or availability of bookings.
These terms and your booking are subject to the laws of the prevalent jurisdiction.
The terms and conditions detailed below apply to all bookings whether made online at test.guildford.com, made by telephone or in person or via third-parties.
When you make a booking, your contract (which includes these terms and conditions) will be with Mandolay Hotel Guildford. All rates are subject to availability, all bookings are taken at the discretion of Mandolay Hotel.
Download are GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
“Green Tourism has been a great step forward for us and something we had wanted to do for a long
time. Environmental responsibility is becoming increasingly important politically, but also individually
for guests. For us as a business, this is a natural progression in today’s environment and something we feel passionately about.” Matthew Milliken, General Manager
Corporate Social Responsibility: The hotel recognises its obligation to operate in an environmentally responsible manner and we take all practical measures to achieve this aim. We have been accredited by The Green Business Scheme and awarded Bronze level recognition. (www.green-business.co.uk).
Prior to these assessments we conducted our own audit and implemented the following:
- Recycling of glass; compacting and recycling of cardboard.
- Purchase of cleaning products in bulk for dispensing in re-usable spray bottles.
- Compacting of food and general waste to reduce transport and disposal volumes.
- Use of low energy light bulbs wherever possible.
- Control of external lighting using timers and sensors and use of low energy bulbs.
- Measures to minimise unnecessary laundering of linen and towels.
- Electrical isolation of TV sets rather than use of stand-by mode.
- Recycling of waste cooking oil.
- Elimination of unnecessary lighting during daylight hours.
- Purchase of maximum economy (A-rated) equipment wherever possible.
- Donation of old computer equipment, linen, beds and furniture to local charities.
- Recycling of ink cartridges.
- Incorporation of low-flush buttons on toilets and flow regulators on cold taps.
- Up-grading of the central heating system to include temperature sensors and compensator devices to control the operation of the boilers and to limit unnecessary heat emission from the radiators.
- Improvements to roof insulation wherever possible.
- Use of recycled paper for the majority of stationery and printing requirements and for general purpose paper products.
- Training of individual staff and departments to be environmentally aware and to assist in achieving our aims.
The environmental policy needs to be assessed on a continuous basis and, by working towards higher recognition levels under The Green Business Scheme, the hotel will continue to raise its standards.